Lessons can be presented as both, a learning method and updating one’s information. There are simple and easy tutorials for basic processes or complex and intricate for difficult techniques. tutorial
A written tutorial is a file explaining the procedure in a step by step format. It’s either available online for download or can be printed on a page. They are also inlayed in the software as Help manuals. The information provided is descriptive in nature and gives step-by-step details. Written tutorials can be used as guide guides for a particular problem.
To engage the learner, we can present the tutorial as a story, adding images, narrative text and music. A PowerPoint presentation with design and sounds makes for an unique tutorial. Feedbacks and short quizzes can even be included on the tutorial to gauge learner response.
Written tutorials are mainly prepared as PDF, Word or PowerPoint documents.
Video based lessons
Video tutorials would be the most promising form of instructions. They engage the novice in near to real world situations. These tutorials are extremely online. They train the student to respond to specific situation by simulating a procedure onscreen or presenting a on it. Video courses are usually for a short duration. They tend to cover a specific process in a span of five to quarter-hour.
Video courses get the learner involved in the tutorial. The learner has got the choice to manage the pace of the training by making use of controls on each page.
Video tutorials are generally created in Adobe Captivate(R) and Camatasia Studio(R).
Advantages of Online video tutorials over Written courses
Based on the above information it is apparent, video tutorials are a notch up over written tutorials.
– It really is much simpler to interpret information when you see it somewhat than read it.
– It really is simpler to understand directions when somebody is guiding you through, somewhat than thinking what it may look like in your mind.
– The instructions provided by a real person are clear to understand.
– From a business point of view it creates a personal touch as a person is talking with the user.
Written online classes: An optimistic view
For all the advantages Video lessons have, written tutorials do have some positive aspects.
– Many users would like to keep the file like a quick research at their desks.
– The controls on the video tutorial take some time to getting used to, when compared with a step by step procedure on a written document.
– A written document is less scary to a new user as opposed to a video tutorial.